This blog is now live at simonsmess.com

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Guy and Trumeors

I'm not sure I already mentioned that but since I watched the video The Art of the Start from Guy Kawasaki, I've become a huge fan ! From reading his blog, to looking at the company CogHead (he his on the advisory board), to following his advices, I've done it all ! You can see that in the presentations I made in tradeshows for my current company ... You should surely see the change of method ;-)
Anyhow, in a first post on his blog, Guy mentioned the Trumeors web site. And a couple of days later, the verdict got thrown out ... It was Guy's new company, with all the explanation in this post. The list of actions that lead to the current success of this website is plain dead simple, and simply shows how much Guy is understanding how current trends are going. This means how to go from a plain simple (but sure real and new) idea to a successful implementation. Nothing is really complicated as long as you know (the one about the legal fees is clearly interesting) about it. But clearly the starter point here is key : The one great idea that will transform an adventure into success.
I have made it clear to close friends that it was one of my goals to find this great idea and finally start on the entrepreneurial road. However I do think this is the key starter point that is the only way to success. So while looking for it, and finally finding it, I'll continue learning which I think is another key important point that must not be forgotten about !

No comments: